Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the Website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Site. In some cases the Site editor may also know information such as the age group (e.g., 25-36 years), gender, geographical area (e.g., central Italy) of users: however, the information collected by cookies is aggregated in a way that does not enable the Site manager to directly trace the user's identity. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our Site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies enable the Website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our Site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
Social Media Cookies
These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the Site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other Websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools. Cookies, whether “technical” or “profiling”, can also be classified as:
- “session” cookies, which are deleted immediately on closing of the browser;
- “persistent” cookies, which remain in the browser for a determinate period of time; these are used, for example, to recognise the device which connects to a Website, facilitating user authentication operations;
- “own” cookies, generated and managed directly by the operator of the Website on which the user is browsing;
- “third party” cookies, generated and operated by parties other than the operator of the Website on which the user is browsing. For the purposes of data protection law, such third parties are separate data controllers from the company that operates the Website.
Google Analytics cookies, that are used to collect information about visitors use the website and the available functions. The Google Analytics service generates statistical and other information by means of cookies stored on visitors’ computer.
The information generated about this website is used to compile aggregate reports.
- Doubleclick (Google) cookies, which perform profiling operations for advertising purposes, consisting in automatically inferring a user's preferences based on the choices made while browsing this Site and/or other sites. As a result, the user will view advertising banners, tailored on his/her inferred interests, when browsing this Site and/or other sites.
- Facebook cookies, designed to facilitate the sharing of content from the Site on the social profile of the user who intends to publish it through his or her account. These cookies may also automatically infer the user's preferences from the activities carried out while browsing the internet and cause tailored ads to appear when the user visits this Website or other websites.
- Youtube cookies, designed to facilitate the sharing of content from the Site on the social profile of the user who intends to publish it through his or her account. YouTube collects user data through videos embedded in websites, which is aggregated with profile data from other Google services in order to display targeted advertising to web visitors across a broad range of their own and other websites.
- Addthis cookies, Cookies installed to include in the Website’s pages social network buttons (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn). The cookies in question may, in turn, convey on your PC cookies of third parties, which may also have “profiling” functions.
A detailed description of the cookies that are actually used on the Site, their functions and duration is available by clicking on the MORE OPTIONS button on the banner that appears when you first access the site. By interacting with the banner, you may also choose which categories of cookies to consent to (cookies will be used only for the purposes specified in your selected preferences). To amend your choices, including withdrawing any consent you may have granted in the past to any cookies, or read again the detailed information, simply open the link COOKIE SETTING in the footer.
Apart from Strictly necessary cookies, that cannot be disabled (otherwise browsing would be impossible), please note that disabling Functional cookies may have a negative impact on your browsing experience, for example because you have to select your language each time you access the Site.